We are based at Haig Enterprise Park, and cover the areas of Copeland and Allerdale.
Women Out West was set up to address the needs of some of the most vulnerable women in West Cumbria and support victims of domestic abuse. Part of the Time to Change (West Cumbria) Project CIC which also operates Calderwood House in Egremont, Women Out West is one of three women’s centres in the county. It works closely with the other two (Women’s Community Matters in Barrow, and Gateway for Women in Carlisle) with each playing a vital role in supporting the women in their area of Cumbria.
The addition of a Women’s Centre in West Cumbria means that, in addition to the amazing work done by other centres and partner agencies, the area is in a better position to support survivors of domestic abuse, vulnerable and isolated women, and those who need support to keep out of the criminal justice system.
We offer courses to help develop better confidence, and are able to work closely with partner agencies to ensure joined up care across Cumbria. Please get in touch with any queries, or to request support from our team here at Women Out West. We are available Monday to Thursday between 9am and 4pm. You can reach us on 01946 550103 or 07516 416040 For non-urgent enquiries please use the landline or email email@example.com.
We are open to visitors for our drop-in coffee mornings between 10am and 12pm on Mondays and Thursdays, where we have people on hand to give advice and guidance. We can help you access an array of services (many can come to us at the centre to give support).
We can support women in West Cumbria in many areas including:
- Domestic and sexual abuse
- Drugs and alcohol
- Benefit and housing issues
- The police, courts and prison
- Mental wellbeing
- Employment and education
We have the following services:
- A CCTV for security for a safe environment.
- A hub where women can meet, relax, build relationships, find support and engage in positive activities to support their wellbeing.
- Two meeting rooms and hub where courses are delivered for group and one to one sessions. This includes “Beautiful Me” and other arts and crafts groups.
- Laundry service.
The WOW Centre supports women who are:
- Victims / survivors of domestic violence.
- At risk of offending and entering the criminal justice system or at risk of re-offending.
In an emergency always call 999. You can also contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for 24 hour support: 0808 2000 247.