Who are we?
Women out West (WOW) is a women’s centre in Whitehaven, covering the boroughs of Copeland and Allerdale, established to provide a safe, welcoming place for all women, and specifically victims of Domestic and Sexual Abuse. The building itself has been totally refurbished into bright modern spaces with different zones, all fully furnished and ready for use.
Who you are?
- Do you have experience facilitating group sessions with vulnerable groups?
- Do you understand the importance of empowering women?
- Do you have the ability to support vulnerable women in their day to day lives and make a difference?
- Do you have a relevant qualification in Social Work, Youth and Community certificate or extensive experience (one years plus) in providing women focussed service?
If the answer is yes, to these questions then we want to hear from you……….
This role is based in our Women’s Centre, Unit B4, Haig Enterprise Park, Kells, Whitehaven. Please note you may required to travel for this role therefore a drivers licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension for 37.5 hours a week on £14 an hour.
We are looking for a woman to join our team who will:
- Deliver and develop personal development programmes for women in groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Facilitate clearly defined groups for women which provide opportunities for positive learning, change and enhancing emotional wellbeing
- Assess new referrals and signpost support pathways
- Ensure activities are in line with WOW philosophies and values to enhance the lives of women
- Engage with agencies and partners to promote and develop WOW service
- Top class facilities
- Flexible working options
- Online HR system
- Mileage paid 45p a mile
- Free parking
- Access to Perkbox
- Free uniform
- PPE provided
- Ongoing training available
It is an occupational requirement that this post is only available to females, as permitted by para.1 sch.9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Flexible working beyond normal office hours including evening and weekends may be required.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.